I'm glad you came here! At Herman Bros & Co. I really don't believe in stitching people up with small print. Instead I offer some "Guiding Principles" of how I do business:
1. I stand behind my product: Yep, I stand behind my quality – 100%. I love the fact that my pockets are finished with a "D" mark stitch, that I have a heel guard on the bottom of our trousers, and that the back is finished with piping. These are all signs of quality craftsmanship, and attest to the highest industry standards applied to your Herman Bros & Co. garment.
2. Payment in kind: My payment policy is simple. The full payment is required upfront (non-refundable). This just covers us if for some reason you run away (not likely!), and allows you not to have to pay everything upfront before the goods are finished. You have the option of paying with bank transfer or cash, note no credit facilities available.
3. Tailors for Life: I aim to be your tailor not just for the first commission, but for every commission after. So if you ordered a suit from me, and the lining wears out over time, please bring it back and I will try to replace it. Your model pattern is kept for life and can be updated according to your preferences and body shape, so repeat orders are very simple, it's just a matter of picking your relevant fabrics and options (which can be done over email).
The same applies to my shirts if the cuffs or collars wear out – you can bring these back as well and I can replace them as per the original, giving your shirts at least twice as much life. My fabrics are dyed and tested to give you the same brightness and colour – year after year, wash after wash.
4. Alterations: Your garments are custom tailored, so I aim to provide a garment which you will be happy with in terms of fit, with alterations if required done locally (and model pattern updated). If there's particular fit requirements you have its best to discuss this first, and I will advise what I think is achievable. Any Alterations done after the final pick up will be charged but at cost.
5. Multi-Buy Offers: For multi-buy offers, if you are new customers then one item will be made first. After the First and Final Fitting in which the "model pattern" is established, then the remaining garments of your multi-buy offers will be produced. All multi-buy offers are on the basis that the subsequent orders are as same as your first garment (after any alterations, if needed).
6. Errors & Omissions: I am human, so whilst all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of this website, I may need to change any items, comments or details on this website.
The above is offered within the principles of fairness and reasonableness. I am not a charity so I offer the above in "good faith", with a firm and equitable “Gentlemen's/Ladies agreement”!